Please see our curriculum letter of Curriculum letter Spring 1.
Reading: The children are expected to read everyday and to write comments – this is to promote independence. Their reading records will be checked on Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week.
Weekly Spellings: Spelling test will be on every Thursday which requires daily practice at home and you will be able to find the spellings for the following week on the Year Three notice board.
Times Table: The national curriculum specifies that pupils should be taught to recall the multiplication tables up to and including 12 × 12 by the end of year 4. The purpose of the new statutory assessment- Multiplication Tables Check (MTC) is to determine whether the children can recall their times tables fluently, which is essential for future success in mathematics. This is the new statutory test in June 2020. Please encourage the children to play Times Tables Rock Stars at home in preparation for this.
SUPPORTING YOUR CHILD AT HOME:
- Handwriting: Handwriting Practice
- Spellings: Fun things to do with spellings
- Reading: How to help your child with reading
- Maths: NRICH or Top marks or Mathematics shed or Math playground game or Help with times tables or Times Tables Rock Stars
- PE is on Tuesday. Please make sure the children have their PE-kit with them on Tuesday.
- Swimming is on a Friday. Please make sure the children have their swimming kit on Friday.
- Please click here to log in to see your child’s assessment information.
- Thank you for those who attended Meet the Teacher. Sorry for those of you that could not make it. Please see PowerPoint that was covered.