Please see our curriculum letter for Spring 1 – 1920.
Reading: The children are expected to read everyday and to write comments – this is to promote independence.Their reading records will be checked on Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week.
Weekly Spellings: Spelling test will be on every Thursday which requires daily practice at home and you will be able to find the spellings for the following week on the year five notice board.
Mental Maths: The children know which mental maths objective they are working towards. These are expected to be practiced daily at home and tested on Thursday each week.
SUPPORTING YOUR CHILD AT HOME:
- Handwriting: Handwriting Practice
- Spellings: Fun things to do with spellings
- Reading: How to help your child with reading
- Maths: NRICH or Top marks or Mathematics shed or Math playground game or Help with times tables or Times Tables Rock Stars
- PE is on Wednesday and Friday. Please make sure the children have their PE-kit with them on Wednesday and remind your child to take it home after second PE lesson.
- Please click here to log in to see your child’s assessment information.
- Please click here to see our wish list for books to help the children with their learning. Any donations would be greatly appreciated!