Please see our curriculum letter for Autumn Two.
Reading: The children are expected to read everyday and to write comments – this is to promote independence . Their reading records will be checked on Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week.
Weekly Spellings: Spelling test will be on every Thursday which requires daily practice at home and you will be able to find the spellings for the following week on the year four notice board.
List of Year Four Spellings: Year 4; the children should be able to spell, sound and use the following words by the end of year four.
Mental Maths: The children know which mental maths objective they are working towards. These are expected to be practiced daily at home and tested on Thursday each week.
Times Table: The national curriculum specifies that pupils should be taught to recall the multiplication tables up to and including 12 × 12 by the end of year 4. The purpose of the new statutory assessment- Multiplication Tables Check (MTC) is to determine whether the children can recall their times tables fluently, which is essential for future success in mathematics. This is the new statutory test in June 2020. Please encourage the children to play Times Tables Rock Stars at home.
Supporting your child at home:
- Handwriting: Handwriting Practice
- Spellings: Fun things to do with spellings
- Reading: How to help your child with reading
- Maths: NRICH or Top marks or Mathematics shed or Math playground game or Help with times tables or Times Tables Rock Stars
- PE is on Monday and Tuesday. Please make sure the children have their PE-kit with them on Monday and remind your child to take it home after second PE lesson.
- Please click here to log in to see your child’s assessment information.
- Please click here to see our wish list for books to help the children with their learning. Any donations would be greatly appreciated!
- Year four had ‘Meet the teacher‘ on 19th September, thank you very much for your time! Please click here to see the information that was covered on the day.